Teachers explore tabletop presentations at Birch Aquarium at Scripps.Teacher Appreciation Night & Open House
Tuesday, September 25, 2012, from 5 to 7 p.m.
Free to Pre-K to Grade 12 teachers
Join the fun as we welcome you to a night at the aquarium.
Be our guests as you are introduced to the world beneath the sea and the resources available to you through Birch Aquarium at Scripps:
• Enjoy tabletop presentations of the aquarium’s school programs
• Explore our newest exhibit Boundless Energy
• Enter our raffle to win fabulous curriculum-based prizes. GRAND prize is a FREE outreach program (your choice) to your school.
• Learn the ropes for easy program reservations
• Munch on delicious snacks and beverages
• Receive 20% off purchases at the Book & Gift Shop
• Tour exhibits and get helpful tips from aquarium education instructors
In addition, find out how you can become a MARE (Marine Activities, Resources, and Education) school, participate in teacher professional development workshops, and host an ocean week or month at
your school site.
Registration NOW OPEN
Call 858-534-7336 or go online to save your space. For online registration, log on under your school (or create a new account) and go to Special Programs.
Questions: 858-534-7336 or email us
PRE-VISIT, FREE VISIT
Teachers, after booking your program, visit the aquarium before your class trip, free of charge. Tour exhibits, displays, and the tide pools; meet staff; and explore the classrooms. Please enter through the main Ticket Booths and go to Visitor Services to check in. The aquarium is open seven days a week, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please note that accompanying family members pay regular admission fees.