HAUNTED AQUARIUM: Spooky Science!
October 21 & 22 6–9 p.m.
Enjoy close encounters with Scripps Institution of Oceanography scientists and search the galleries for unusual underwater creatures rarely seen at Birch Aquarium. Discover a sea of glowing beasts(big and small), get sticky with slime,and enjoy shipwrecked stories, all while BOO-gieing down to live music and having a monstrous good time. Recommended for ages 2+
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography Scientists showcasing exciting, and sometimes spooky, research!
- Slime: Make your own seaweed slime to take home
- Frankensquid: Get up close and personal with a huge Humboldt Squid and learn what makes it unique inside and out
- 3-D microscope: experience the smallest amazing 3-D microscope developed by Scripps Oceanography scientists.
- Spooky species including skeleton shrimp and sea spiders
- Community organizations will be coming with their own games, activities, and giveaway
- Family-friendly costumes are encouraged, especially if they are ocean themed!
- Glowing critters witness creatures that create their own light and glow in the deep, dark ocean.
- Story time youngsters can gather around and listen to a spooky (but not too spooky) shipwreck tale.
- Enjoy creepy crafts that are fun for all ages!
- BOO-gie down all evening to the live music of Billy Lee and the Swamp Critters!
Splash! Cafe will remain open until 8:30 with a variety of selections including ghoulishly gourmet sandwiches & salads, nightmarish nachos & and howling Halloween sweets!
Members: Pre-Sale $13.50
Public: Pre-Sale $18.50
Door (all): $20
Free for children 2 and under
Purchase tickets at 858-534-7336 or online.
See pictures from previous events here.
PLEASE NOTE: No discounts or coupons, including the October Kids Free in San Diego offer, can be applied to Haunted Aquarium or other special events.
Haunted Aquarium is sponsored by:
Questions? Call the Education Department at 858-534-7336 or e-mail us.