Former Vice President Al Gore joins other special guests* to cut the "Keeling Curve ribbon" and officially dedicate Feeling the Heat: The Climate Challenge in May 2007.
Feeling the Heat: The Climate ChallengeGet the facts on the world's hottest topic
Experience Birch Aquarium's award-winning exhibit presenting the science of global climate change, backed by a half century of groundbreaking research from Scripps Institution of Oceanography.
Please note that a portion of this exhibit has been removed as we prepare for the new gallery Expedition at Sea: R/V Sally Ride Gallery.
Exhibit Highlights- Broadcast California's weather report in our 2050 television newsroom.
- View stunning images that show environmental changes under way.
- Explore how scientists track temperature across centuries.
- Test your knowledge of whether everyday items help or hurt the planet.
- Learn what critical role the oceans play in global temperature.
- Discover the latest ideas for reducing carbon emissions.
*Opening Day Celebration: