Enjoy sandwiches, hot dogs, snacks, coffee, and more!
Located at the entrance to Birch Aquarium at Scripps
- Monday-Friday 9 a.m.—4:30 p.m.
- Weekends and holidays 9 a.m.—5 p.m.
Splash! Cafe offers an array of gourmet delights next to the life-sized gray whale fountain. Relax outdoors during your visit and choose from a variety of hot and cold beverages, sandwiches, snacks, and more.
Organic and/or sustainable options include:
- Fair trade coffees from Cafe Moto, roasted locally in a solar-fueled roaster.
- Cold sandwiches, salads and side dishes made daily from scratch by the Zanzibar Cafe at UC San Diego. Favorites include Chicken Salad on croissant, the Spicy Turkey Club and the Greek Garden Salad.
- Panini's by Seb. Locally made, european-style sandwiches that are grilled to perfection.
- Whale Tails, locally made tortilla chips whose profits support ocean conservation organization
- Splash! proudly serves Boxed Water. In keeping with the aquarium's mission, this product is taking the first step towards eliminating the plastic bottles that are desperately harmful to our oceans.
- Splash! boasts a variety of grab-and-go snacks. Options include gluten-free and organic selections, as well as good, old-fashioned candy bars. Most baked goods are made locally by Bread & Cie.
Plenty of seating and umbrellas for shade are available. Credit cards accepted.